If you like living in a rural area, are community oriented and are looking for a company that can boast about the tenure of their people – if you have a strong background in purchasing commodities (grain & ingredients) and coordinating logistics – then you need to consider this very stable, environmentally sound, well established, growth oriented and profitable company that is seeking to add a Senior Feed Mill Merchandiser to the staff of one of the top pork producers in the United States.
Reasons Why this is a Great Job for the Right Person:
- One of the top pork producing company’s in the United States – with strong employee tenure.
- Very well established and financially strong company
- Food group is the Largest Division in the company
- Environmentally sound operations
- Growth company that is adding jobs
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits & relocation assistance
BE ADVISED: This position is located in a very rural part of South Western Kansas
To be considered for this Role:
- You must have a BS degree in an AG related field and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a grain/feed operation with very strong knowledge of the local & global commodities markets relative to grain and feed ingredients along with strong logistics (truck & rail) experience.
- You must have experience purchasing commodities/ingredient from a variety of sources, understanding, maintaining and managing future positions and coordinating inbound/outbound logistics (truck & rail)
Merchandising: Your commodities experience & knowledge will allow you to effectively purchase all feed ingredients for all the companies feed mills, negotiating rail rates & coordinating truck & rail logistics. You will also manage futures position, monitor quarterly reports, maintain contact with grain producers & ingredient sales people and manage overall cash feed grain & soybean meal positions.
Business: You will also be responsible for selling rendered products, entering sales contract into the system, monitory grain accounting activities and assist with purchasing feedstock and coordinating logistics for the High Plains Bio-Diesel facility.To Apply: Please email your resume to Rebecca@affinitysearch.com